WINE TOURISM IN JEREZ-SHERRY
The Sherry Triangle is located in the far south of the Iberian Peninsula, flanked by the Atlantic Ocean and the Guadalquivir and Guadalete rivers. It has more than 7000 hectares of vineyards where the wines and brandies of Jerez are obtained.
The Denomination of Origin Jerez-Xérès-Sherry is in a privileged enclave, to the north-east of Cádiz province, in a geographic triangle which is formed by 3 localities: Sanlúcar de Barrameda, El Puerto de Santa María y Jerez de la Frontera. Three hundred days of sunshine all year, hills and white sand beaches and a warm climate that is perfect for grapevine cultivation.
If you’re a wine lover don’t miss out on a tour of one of the oldest wine regions, with the most variations and nuances in the world.
Visit the vineyards, discover winery secrets and unique wine production, lose yourself in the white-washed, narrow streets of the region’s villages…and taste the liqueur wines such as the sweet wines: Manzanilla, Fino, Amontillado, Palo Cortado, Pedro Ximénez, Moscatel…
Viavinum wine tours
Our customized tours through the Denomination of Origin Jerez-Sherry offer a one-of-a-kind experience, the type of experience that leaves a mark. You can take part in many activities, discover the secrets and visit the exclusive locations of this historical region.
Participate in these activities on your wine tour of Jerez-Sherry
- Visit historic Jerez wineries from the inside like González Byass (Tío Pepe), Lustau or Fundador (Pedro Domecq)
- See places such as Alcázar de Jerez or the Sancti Petri Castle
- Discover natural parks such as the Parque Nacional de Doñana, la Laguna de Medina or the Parque Natural de la Bahía de Cádiz
- Enjoy the typical Cádiz cuisine and pair it with the best wines and brandies
- Discover the true art of flamenco at one of the best flamenco performances
- Be amazed at the spectacular equestrian shows at the Real Escuela de Arte Ecuestre in Jerez de la Frontera
- Learn about the wine harvest process and become a participate in it
Customized wine tours in Jerez-Sherry
In Viavinum we plan your private and customized trip, we take care of the smallest detail because, like you, we are also wine lovers. We plan exclusive tours for couples or private parties (two persons minimum) as well as groups.
Jerez-Sherry is one of the most visited regions for fine wine enthusiasts, the growth of wine tourism makes it possible for you to take part in different activities as well as winery visits and sherry wine tastings with the best wines of the region.
Learn about wine production methods, pair the wines with the typical gastronomy of the region such as Almadraba tuna or the shrimp fritters. On the tour you will find cities that are immersed in the true essence of Andalusia, with their history and rich cuisine.
You can live this experience staying in idyllic surroundings in the vineyards with beautiful settings, or enjoying cultural or ethnographic visits like the amazing equestrian performances.
Trust us, let us surprise you.