WINE ROUTES IN LA RIOJA
A wine route in La Rioja is much more than discovering its vineyards, wineries and tasting its wines. It is delving into its history and its nature. It means getting away from the city noise, hearing only silence, and visiting monuments that have withstood the centuries.
We would like to organize a unique experience for you, a trip that you will never forget. We take care of everything so that you have nothing to worry about. You can trust Viavinum because we have created experiences for wine enthusiasts just like us for over 15 years.
Viavinum Rioja Wine Tours
In Viavinum we adapt to your needs and your tastes. La Rioja has so much to offer that we can customize your trip with different activities.
Activities for you in Rioja wine region tours
- See centuries old large wineries such as the Marqués de Riscal or Marqués de Murrieta and also newer wineries, family wineries, that produce extraordinary quality wines such as Remírez de Ganuza or Castillo de Cuzcurrita
- See monasteries like the Monasterio de Suso y Yuso (World Heritage Site)
- Visit cities such as Logroño and Laguardia
- Take hot air balloon rides over the vineyards
- Visit Celtiberian villages
- Learn about the wine harvest process and be a part of it
- Enjoy the gastronomy like pintxos (tapas) on Laurel Street in Logroño
WINE ROUTES IN LA RIOJA
Our customized Rioja wine holidays take you to visit different areas of one of the best Qualified Denomination of Origin in Spain. There is so much to do in its 65.000 hectares of vineyards… The D.O.Ca. La Rioja extends along the Ebro river, passing through provinces like Rioja, Álava, Navarra and Burgos, with a length of more than 100 kilometers.
In your wine tour you can learn about the different production sub-zones that compose Rioja, each one with its own characteristics that make them slightly different from each other.
It is located in the westernmost part of the Rioja Autonomous Community. The Atlantic climate dominates this area causing mostly limestone, ferrous and clay-like soils.
It is located in the easternmost part of the Rioja Autonomous Community. Its climate is Mediterranean, dry and warm, and has alluvial and ferrous soils.
It is between the provinces of Álava and Navarra. The predominant climate is from the Atlantic. Undoubtedly, a characteristic of this area is that the vines are planted on plots and terraces.
Now is the time, to allow us to plan your La Rioja wine tour and live an experience like no other.