Program “Art & Rioja Wines”, 4 days/3 nights. 638 €/person (VAT included)
Rioja is a land of fantastic wines and beautiful vineyards, but also of breathtaking nature, ancient culture and rich local gastronomy.
The Rioja wine region was the first Designation of Origin in Spain, created in June 1925, and in 1991 obtained the category of Denominación de Origen Calificada (D.O.Ca), the only one in Spain with this rank together with the D.O.Ca Priorat, so its wines are obliged to comply with much stricter regulations. Divided into three sub-regions: Rioja Alta, Rioja Alavesa and Rioja Oriental, it is worth visiting all of them and checking their differences, both in wines and in their landscapes.
Sign up for our Escapades in Rioja. Different, exclusive and complete for you to enjoy with your partner, your family or group of friends the wine culture in its best expression.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE GETAWAY
–Wine region: Rioja
–Duration: 4 days/3 nights
–Dates (availability from): From March to December 15. On request.
–Language: Spanish. Other languages, please consult.
-Type of program: Getaway / Self-guided.
-Target group: Friends / Couples / Families.
–Number of people: from 2 people minimum.
Cancel for free up to 72 hours in advance!
*Except on special dates (Easter and other holidays or high season), when the cancellation must be notified more than 7 days before the program start date, in order to be free of charge.
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- 3 nights accommodation in a 4* hotel in double occupancy.
- Guided tour through Rioja vineyards in a comfortable 4×4. Glass of wine at the foot of the vineyard at the end of the tour. Duration: 2 hours.
- Premium private tasting of 5 wines in a boutique winery in the Barrio de la
- Estación in Haro, accompanied by Iberian ham, cheese and olive oil P.D.O.
- Aceite de La Rioja.
- Guided tour of vineyards and winery in the Rioja Alavesa. Tasting of 3 wines with an aperitif, while contemplating the private art collection of the family that owns the winery.
- Entrance for free visit (not guided) to the famous Museum of Wine Culture in Briones.
- Travel assistance insurance
- Gift detail from the agency
- Management and coordination of reservations by our agency.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Transfer from city of origin to destination. Consult us if you wish.
- Transfers for visits or experiences
- Entrance fees to monuments (except clearly indicated)
- Cancellation insurance (recommended). Consult us if you wish. In case of contracting cancellation insurance, you must tell us at the time of booking confirmation.
- Lunches and dinners not specified in the program.
- Any other service not clearly indicated in the section “The price includes”.
Day 1: Your arrival in RIOJA
Upon arrival in the Rioja region, check-in at a magnificent 4-star hotel, surrounded by vineyards and mountains. Located in Briñas (La Rioja), just one hour from Bilbao, about three hours from Madrid, and very close to the main attractions of the region, the hotel offers all the services that will make you enjoy a relaxing getaway: wine bar, restaurant, old draft, outdoor terrace overlooking the vineyards and the river, among others. Accommodation at the hotel.
Day 2: 4×4 route through the vineyards and the Station District
- Start the day with a good breakfast at the hotel.
- In the morning, you will be expected in Haro, a town located just 5 km from the hotel and called the wine capital of Rioja, to guide you on a 4×4 tour through the most spectacular landscapes of La Rioja and its vineyards. To finish, nothing like a glass of wine at the foot of the vineyard. The duration of this experience is about two hours.
- Optional (not included): lunch in the vineyard with typical Riojan products. For a group of at least 4 people.
- Afterwards, you will have a premium tasting, in private, of the most exclusive wines from a boutique winery located in the famous Barrio de la Estación in Haro, where you will find the great centenary wineries of Rioja. Tasting of 5 wines accompanied by Iberian ham, cheese and olive oil P.D.O. Aceite de La Rioja.
- Overnight at the hotel.
Day 3: Art and culture in Rioja
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Free visit (not guided) to the Museum of Wine Culture in Briones, one of the best in the world. Entrance included.
- Optional (not included): Hot-air balloon flight. Live an exciting adventure in a hot-air balloon glimpsing breathtaking landscapes. Ask us if you are interested.
Day 4: Wine and art in a winery in Rioja Alavesa.
Exquisite breakfast at the hotel. Check-out.
Today you will finish this fantastic wine tourism getaway in Rioja by visiting a winery located in Elciego, producer of elegant and modern wines. Enjoy this guided tour of the vineyards and winery, with a tasting of 3 wines and a small aperitif while you contemplate the family’s private art collection, with works dating from the 15th century to the present day.
From this winery you can also enjoy breathtaking landscapes of nature and culture, where you will also discover the imposing “City of Wine” of avant-garde design by the famous architect Frank O. Gehry, the same who made the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao.